Please note: In so far as they do not conflict with the terms and conditions set out below, the standard YHA booking terms and conditions apply. These can be found on the main YHA website; www.yha.org.uk or by contacting YHA Customer Services on 0800 0191 700.
‘We’,’ Us’ or ‘Our’ means YHA (England and Wales).
‘You’ or ‘Your’ means the hirer being the person making the booking.
‘Hostel’ means the hostel hired by you together with any grounds and outbuildings.
‘Extra Services’ means any additional products added to your booking.
Booking, Deposit and Balance:
1. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 20% will be taken to secure your booking (bookings made less than 8 weeks (56 days) in advance require full payment at the time of booking). Payment can be made by MasterCard or Visa.
2. The balance of your booking is due 8 weeks (56 days) before the date of arrival.
The payment card details used to pay your deposit payment will be securely stored against your booking and the balance will automatically be taken 8 weeks (56 days) before the date of arrival. You will be notified by e-mail 1 week prior to this payment being taken.
3. In the event of a failed balance payment, you will be contacted to provide alternate payment details. Failure to pay your balance may result in your booking being cancelled.
4.1 In all cases, if you have to cancel your booking, please inform us as soon as possible by phone or in writing.
4.2 If you have to cancel your booking the following cancellation fees apply, dependent on the number of days before the arrival date that notification of cancellation is received:
No. of days before arrival : Cancellation Charge Payable
56 days or more : Any booking deposits already paid or due
55 – 28 days : 50% of the total cost of your booking
27 – 0 days : 100% of the total cost of your booking
5. Arrival and Departure: On the day of arrival, the hostel is available from 4.00pm. On the day of departure you are asked to vacate by 12pm (12 noon).
6. Your Responsibilities: This booking has been entered into on the understanding that the total number in your party shall not exceed the total number of beds available at the hostel as stated on the YHA Exclusive Hire website.
6.1 You are considered to be the group leader and must be over 21 years old. You are responsible for the payment of the booking, the safety of the group and the general housekeeping of the hostel during the stay. You are responsible for looking after the hostel and its equipment during the period of hire and are expected to take good care of it. The hostel is provided fully furnished. Bed linen is provided, but you will need to bring your own towels. You are advised to check on arrival and report any shortcomings, damage or missing items immediately to us or our YHA representative. You must report and pay for any damage caused to the hostel or for equipment lost, damaged, broken or stolen during the occupancy. Unsuitable substitutes are not accepted. All the equipment, utensils etc. must be left in a clean condition at the end of the hire period. A charge of £12.00 per hour will be made by us if any additional cleaning is required. Please ensure that all gas cookers, lights and heaters are switched off, doors and windows are secured, rooms are left clean and tidy and waste bins are emptied, before handing the key back to us or to our YHA representative.
6.2 Should the hostel you are hiring be licensed for the sale and consumption of alcohol, you are permitted to bring your own alcohol but you are kindly asked to respect the law, which prohibits the sale, supply or consumption of alcohol to those under 18 years of age. You or your group members may become liable to prosecution should this law be breached.
7. Your Conduct: As many hostels are located in or close to residential areas, please show consideration for our neighbours. If you or a member of your party fails to comply with this requirement, your booking may be terminated and you will be asked to leave the hostel. If you enter the hostel after this time you will be trespassing. No whole or partial refunds will be made if your party is asked to leave under these circumstances. We reserve the right to decline a booking, or refuse to hand over a hostel to any person or group where, in our opinion, facilities are unsuitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party without liability on either side. The use of candles, incense burners, flammable liquids/gases, fireworks, smoke machines, dry ice machines, camping stoves and firearms is strictly prohibited at all YHA hostels. Use of such items may result in the party being asked to leave immediately, without refund of any portion of the hire fee. We reserve the right to repossess the hostel at any time where damage has been caused, or in our opinion, is likely to be caused, by you or any member of your party. In such cases we shall not be liable to make a refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
8. Dogs: Dogs are permitted at some of our properties as indicated on our exclusive hire website at http://exclusivehire.yha.org.uk/. You must tell us at the time of booking if you wish to bring a dog to one of our dog friendly properties. An Extra Services charge will be made per dog for the duration of the stay with a maximum of 4 dogs permitted per booking. You can find more information about our dogs policy here. Please do not bring dogs to our properties that are not indicated as dog friendly. Unfortunately, no other domestic pets are permitted at our properties. Registered assistance dogs are permitted at all of our properties; however you must notify us at the time of booking if you wish to bring a registered assistance dog with you which can stay with us free of charge.
- Legal Company Name: YHA (England & Wales)
- Registered Head Office Address: Trevelyan House, Dimple Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 3YH
- Company Registration No: 282555
- Email: [email protected]
- CC Statement Descriptor: ACP*YHA Exclusive Hire
- Card Brands Accepted: Visa and Mastercard